Complaints Procedure

We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to sort out any problems or misunderstandings and to improve our standards.

If you have a complaint please raise the problem in writing or email with the lawyer responsible for your matter or if you prefer direct to our Complaints Manager Mr Mark Bridgman at:

Mr M Bridgman

Elliott Bridgman Solicitors
66-70 Court Street
Madeley, Telford

What will happen next?

  1. We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 3 working days of receiving it.
  2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve our Complaints Manager reviewing your file and speaking to the member of staff who acted for you. We may also need to ask you for further information or documents.
  3. Sometimes we may invite you to a meeting to discuss your complaint. You do not need to attend if you do not wish to or if you are unable to. We will be happy to discuss the matter with you on the telephone.
  4. Within 14 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter our Complaints Manager will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint including his proposals for resolving the matter
  5. At this stage if you are still not satisfied you should contact us again within 7 days.
  6. If we do not hear from you within 7 days of receipt of the detailed response letter we will assume that you are satisfied with the investigation into your complaint.
  7. If we have to change any of these timescales we will let you know and explain why.
  8. If you are still not satisfied you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written response to your complaint, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at Note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most other organisations unless they are below certain size limits. Further details are available from the Legal Ombudsman.
  9. If a complaint cannot be resolved you may also be able to ask for it to be referred to a process of alternative dispute resolution using a certified provider. This is not available to businesses. We will give you more information about that right if it becomes appropriate.