We have specialist experienced and caring lawyers available to help you with the full range of children matters.

Private Law Children Cases

At Elliott Bridgman we understand that divorce or separation can lead to difficulties in resolving issues relating to the children and we are here to guide and advise you to achieve the best outcome and solutions. We can advise and assist in relation to Child Arrangement Orders both in terms of where a child should live and also with whom the child should spend time (contact).

If you wish to obtain a Special Guardianship Order for a child in your care we have a dedicated team available to help you. If you are a family member or carer that has cared for a child for sometime and wish permanence for that child in your care then you may wish to consider seeking a Special Guardianship Order.

Our dedicated team is available to discuss this with you and can represent you stage by stage in any court proceedings.

Sometimes parents cannot agree on an area of a child’s upbringing such as which school a child should attend, which religion that child should be brought up in or whether a child should be able to move to live in a different area of the country or even be taken out of the jurisdiction. We can assist with such issues and can represent clients in court proceedings that may be necessary to determine the same.

Parental Responsibility is important to decision making for a child. This can include the need to give consent to medical treatment. Any parent that does not obtain parental responsibility but is involved in their child’s life should think about gaining Parental Responsibility.

Where there is a working relationship between both parents this can often be achieved by agreement. We can prepare the Parental Responsibility Agreement for you and in the event that agreement cannot be reached we can represent you in a Court Application for a Parental Responsibility Order.

We will tell you what is needed and how much this will cost.

There are times when a parent needs to take action to seek to prevent one parent from taking steps in relation to a child for example to stop a parent removing the child from the other parent’s care,or to prevent the child from coming into contact with someone. We can advise and assist in relation to these issues.

The Team at Elliott Bridgman regularly advise and assist Grandparents who may be experiencing difficulties in seeing their grandchildren, whom have a grandchild living with them or who have concerns about their grandchild.

Elliott Bridgman has a dedicated team that has built a high reputation in Children Law. We offer solutions to individuals throughout Shropshire and the Midlands.

As an experienced Solicitor with Higher Rights of Audience in proceedings Mark Bridgman can appear for clients throughout all stages of their case including representation in the High Court.

Beth Tutchener-Ellis has over 20 years experience in dealing with the full range of family and children matters. Beth has assisted thousands of clients and has a caring approach to resolving matters and helping clients to achieve the best possible outcome.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on 01952 684544 or alternatively request a call back through our website and a member of our Team will call you promptly or contact Beth or Katy through email.


Elliott Bridgman Solicitors
Suite 3
Old Grammar School House
School Gardens


Elliott Bridgman Solicitors
66-70 Court Street
Madeley, Telford


Follow us and stay updated
with all the news